This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Social Care and Support


Social care and support are services to help you if you:

  • need practical support because of illness or disability
  • care for someone receiving social care and support

Social care and support is usually paid for by:

  • people who need services and their families
  • by the local council's social services department

This guide is for people who have care and support needs, their carers, and people who are planning their future care needs.

Types of social care and support include:

  • Help at home from a paid carer

  • Meals on wheels
  • Having your home adapted
  • Equipment and household gadgets
  • Personal alarms and home security systems so you can call for help (for instance, if you have a fall)

Find out more about the different types of social care and support by clicking here.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website